Although at first glance they seem simple activities that do not require special skills, the demolition and removal of construction waste have their own specifics and it is always preferable to be performed by a specialist.
Professional demolition is understood as various activities:
- drilling holes in walls - opening new windows and doors and removing walls in order to change the interior layout of the rooms;
- removal of old tiles - faience, terracotta, granite;
- drilling holes in the walls for pipes, heating, etc .;
- breaking metal glazed terraces and visors;
- demolition of old terraces in order to build new ones and close with joinery;
- demolition of entire buildings and structures.
In case you decide to perform these activities for me, we at Multigroup would like to give you some tips:
- before deciding where to open new openings in the walls, seek the opinion of a designer in order to guide you which are the load-bearing elements. The most important thing to understand is in which walls it is NOT recommended to drill holes, because the load-bearing capacity of the wall is violated and it is possible to collapse part or the whole house;
- Once you have determined that drilling a hole in a certain wall will not disturb the structure of the building, you should find out something else - whether there are cables, switches and sockets from the electrical system or pipes of the plumbing system. The sockets and switches are visible, but the cables and pipes are built into the wall and it is difficult to determine where they are. The store network sells detectors that show with a high degree of certainty where cables and pipes are located in the wall. It is also a great convenience if you have the projects of the building, but always keep in mind that a subsequent change may not be reflected in the plan. We at Multigroup advise you just in case before you start mowing to turn off the electricity and water. If you come across a power cord during demolition, the consequences can be fatal to your health.
- If you need to demolish the terrace - panel, bricks or remove old glazing, we strongly recommend that you stretch a strip of pavement under the terrace and enclose a space exceeding three meters above the terrace on each side. It will be even better if you have the opportunity to put a person standing to warn passers-by and divert them. The effort is minimal and the effect for people is maximum.
If you do not want to carry out demolition activities yourself, we recommend that you call a professional company. Apart from the fact that the activity will be carried out quickly and with minimal damage to your home and property, the company is also committed to the removal of construction waste.
The removal of construction waste is also not an easy job, on the contrary, it is labor-intensive and specific. The reason is that it is forbidden to dispose of construction waste in containers and bins, as they are intended for household waste. Disposal of construction waste takes place only in specially designated landfills and can be quite far from your home. We do not comment at all that for the removal of waste it is necessary to have the appropriate equipment - van, truck, etc. It is definitely preferable to trust professionals and in addition to time and money, you will save a lot of headaches.