- The main feature of MDF kitchens is that due to its higher price the material is used only for making doors, as they are the only visible part. The body of the furniture (cabinet boxes) and the internal partitions are made of chipboard in order to balance the price, as they are not visible. Of course, you can also order the cabinet body to be made of MDF, but this will make the kitchen more expensive without changing anything in appearance;
- the lower cabinets are made of separate modules, which during installation are fastened to each other with screws and covered with the kitchen counter. The standard width of the modules is 60 cm, but according to the dimensions of the kitchen it is often necessary to make other widths - 50 cm, 40 cm. and even 20 cm; The standard depth of the cabinet is again 60 cm and is determined by the width of the kitchen counter.
- as we mentioned in MDF kitchens - from this material are made mainly visible parts - doors, shelves and visible sides (pages). When a lower cabinet with drawers is made, again the fronts of the drawers are made of MDF, and the drawers themselves are made of another material. In the cheap version it is chipboard, but lately ready-made drawers made of metal or plastic sides and with built-in guides are widely used;
- It is important to note that although the standard top is at a height of 90 cm. from the floor, it is not the entire distance is a closet. It is usually 10 cm away. from the floor, placed on adjustable legs, which may be covered with a small plinth;
- can be made modules with cabinets, modules with drawers, corner modules and modules for installation of various appliances - for sink, dishwasher, stove and more. During the design of the kitchen the modules are arranged according to your needs, desires and according to the capabilities of the room;
- when the size of the room does not match the size of the modules and there is little space left, not enough for a cupboard, the hole is plugged with a small board called a "shutter". It repeats the material, shape and color of the doors, so it does not really differ from the neighboring modules, but simply does not open.
- usually the upper cabinets are made with a smaller depth than the lower ones - 40 cm, so that one can work normally on the countertop and one does not hit one's head in the upper cabinet;
- the upper cabinets should repeat the width of the lower ones so that they can run parallel and not overlap the cabinets and joints;
- the upper cabinets are also made of separate modules, which are mounted next to each other on the wall with dowels;
- the modules can also be different - cabinets with one or two doors, shelves without doors, cabinets with horizontal doors with top opening and others;
- MDF kitchens are also often made of doors and visible parts of MDF, and the housings and internal partitions are made of chipboard to optimize the price.
The kitchen counter is a very important element of the kitchen. On the one hand, it is visible and is the main focus in the vision of the kitchen, and on the other - it is the most used part of it.
Material for making countertops. Countertops are made of the same materials that we listed above for the manufacture of furniture, but in addition there are several additional materials.
Chipboard and MDF countertops
We will not list the advantages and disadvantages, because we did it in detail above. Both types are usually possible to be veneered with natural veneer, in which case the features of the next item - solid wood top - are applicable to them. Typically, these two types of countertops are laminated with thermofoil, which provides them with the following advantages:
huge variety of colors and patterns;
very easy to clean - just soap and soap;
resistant to stains and scratches;
resistant to high temperatures;
The hob also has disadvantages: once damaged by a sharp object or a very hot dish, it cannot be repaired.
The wooden countertop made of solid wood is an indisputable aesthetic accessory that is very pleasant and warm to look at and gives a unique style to your kitchen. In addition to the obvious advantages, this type of countertop has some features that we would like to share with you. Wood is not characterized by high resistance to high temperatures, which means that you can damage it when you put hot cooking utensils on it, so you should arm yourself with a certain amount of kitchen mats. Another feature of the wood is that although the countertop is made, it is subsequently impregnated and requires current maintenance in the form of application of impregnation oils (eg linseed oil) 2-3 times a year. When it is maintained, it dries out and begins to absorb liquids. Even if maintained, it is possible for the wood to absorb and remain stained when dripping with paint, which means that it is then sanded with fine sandpaper and re-impregnated.
Natural stone countertop
such are marble, granite and others. The advantages are obvious - resistant to all scratches and damage with sharp objects, resistant to hot objects and dishes. It needs virtually no maintenance. Also allows washing. It is relatively more expensive than the previous types of countertops.
The backsplash of the kitchen is called the space from the wall between the upper and lower cabinets. Kinds:
- faience, terracotta and granite. A classic and proven method in recent decades. In recent years, enriched with all sorts of modern tiles, panels and friezes, so you can make the kitchen you dreamed of;
- laminated boards. They are made of thin MDF or chipboard with a limited coating, which allows easy cleaning. They are available in a wide variety along with the panels for the production of furniture, so it is easy to choose a kitchen back that is in harmony with the colors of the cabinets and countertop;
- glass. Glass backs for kitchens are a very modern and elegant way to decorate kitchens. The images are printed on the back of the glass, and the glass itself is tempered, so you don't have to worry that it will break on impact. We offer a wide variety of glass panels and printed glass made of tempered glass and with the ability to print any photo you can imagine, giving you the opportunity to accentuate with different flowers, animals, landscapes and everything else you have ever dreamed.
Although a small element of the construction of your kitchen, they are not insignificant, because they do the daily "work" - opening and closing the doors and drawers:
- hinges. Although invisible from the outside, they are an important element of the quality of your kitchen. A nice extra that you can choose are the so-called "Retarders" that close the door smoothly and it cannot be slammed. This item is especially useful in homes with young children;
- leaders. The guides allow the drawers to be taken out. Ordinary roller guides have a guide wheel and are the most economical solution, which is why they are a bit noisy and relatively easy to break. The best guides are ball and telescopic, and can be both types at the same time. They are much quieter, more stable and allow the drawer to come out more. Here, too, there are retarders that prevent the drawer from closing and ensure smooth retraction;
- handles. The only visible part of the kitchen fittings, they are characterized by a great variety in shape, thickness and material.