The timing of condo renovation in a strata depends on several factors. Most of them are determined in advance these include:
- Area and Volume of the Condominium or Townhouse
- Technology features
Little predictable factors include weather conditions, humidity and temperature, which affect the drying rate of glues, paints, mortars. However, construction companies take into account seasonality and climatic conditions for accurate timing.
This minimizes the likelihood of unpredictable changes in the originally determined repair time and eliminates the possibility of delaying the deadline.
For each type of work there are certain periods that depend not only on the features of the technology, but also on the type of material selected. For example the sticking time of all types of wallpaper in Vancouver will be almost the same but the period of their full drying defers depending on the type of material the wallpaper is made of.
It will be quite difficult to describe completely all the draft and finishing work that is being carried out and indicate the deadlines, however, it is possible to form a representation, focusing on the main types of work.
Draft work in the repair of apartments includes operations to level surfaces (floors, ceilings and walls)
- Drywall alignment is preferable in the presence of significant defects (slopes or differences), Installation of such coatings using modern tools is quick and takes about three days in a two or three room apartment.
- Leveling with building mixtures is carried out in the presence of minor defects and has significant advantages in particular, they do not reduce the volume of the room. The extended period of work is due to the need for mandatory drying of each layer before applying the next (sequentially applied : primer, plaster, top coat)
- On average, a 2-3 cm layer requires a drying period of 36-48 hours
- The quickest option is the use of gypsum compounds. Their "breathable" structure allows the plaster to dry as soon as possible.
- Clay -cement based plaster dries the longest. The reason for this is the moisture resistance and the ability to retain moisture inside itself.
- A thin layer of sand -cement composition can dry in about a day
- Each layer of putty dries in about a day. The number of such layers depends on the subsequent finishes. Two layers are enough if they are covered with wallpaper. Walls that are prepped for painting are puttied up to four times.
- A cement screed can be completed in one day, however, a lot of time will be required for it to dry, Depending on the thickness of the layer, it takes several weeks to gain strength (for example it takes about 4 weeks to dry the screed that is 4-5cm thick). With an increase in thickness, an increase in the terms is considered based on one week for each additional centimeter poured.
- The durability of the sand-concrete screed is less dependent on the thickness of the layer and more on the grade of concrete used.
- The gypsum screed "ripens" quickest. Curing occurs within a few hours (about three to four). Ready to finish occurs after about 4 days (for a two inch layer). For each subsequent inch add 3.5 days.
Wallpapering on average takes about one day per room, but after doing this, it also takes time for the adhesive to dry, which depends on the following factors:
- Room Temperature
- Humidity Level
- Density and Thickness of the Material
- Type of Base (wallpaper dries faster on breathing surfaces)
- non-woven - up to 1 day
- Vinyl - up to 2 days (with humidity up to 60%)
Installation of Utilities and Equipment
The installation time of an electrician depends on many conditions. The execution of work can be conditionally divided into 2 stages - cabling and installation of equipment (sockets, lamps, switches).
Cable routing time depends on the technology chosen.
- When laying cables on the floor under the screed, the execution time is not long, but the total duration of the work is determined by the time interval for the set of strength of the screed itself.
- Laying cable channels is one of the easiest and fastest methods but this method is far from always suitable because of the inconvenience and unaesthetic of communications located on the surface. The exception is the cable channels indie the skirting boards.
- Cutting the drywall and fishing wires is most time -consuming and time-consuming option. The exact time is determined based on the cable routing, the steel stud configuration.