Townhouses are combining the advantages of individual home ownership and the degree of comfort that is characteristic of well-maintained urban apartments this is the reason townhouses have become so incredibly popular around Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
In most cases, older townhouses in the Vancouver region require not just cosmetic repairs before the housewarming party, but large-scale construction works. The works can include engineering, communications, installation of equipment such as water heaters, household units, plumbing, electrical work etc.) and finishing work.
At Multigroup we understand the desire to individualize your own townhouse and the desire to make it as comfortable and unique as possible for Your very specific family needs, custom tailored to Your own lifestyle, daily routine and preferences.
In many cases we also customize newly build townhouses, because the Developers do not have the opportunity to know and take into account the wishes of the future owners, hence the decoration and layout of utilities, can later be individualized and can be dismantled and rebuilt, to our client's individual needs.
Design Project of a Townhouse
Before developing a design project, the designer we work with carefully finds out all the details - the number of people that will live in the townhouse, the age of the occupants, their hobbies, personal preferences for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Whether the clients like to spend their time in their own kitchen or outside of the house perhaps at the patio or in the garden. In considerations are taken also whether the clients like to leave the house often or they prefer to have guests and family over.
The design project of any Renovation of a townhouse in Vancouver includes the following main sections:
- Floor plan of the townhouse with the layout of the premises (walls, load bearing walls, soundproofed partitions , sliding and folding structures that can transform the space depending on conditions);
- Complete plans of all rooms with elements of interior architecture (columns, arches, niches, etc.) indicating the location of fixed structures (ducts, communications, built-in closets) and household appliances
- Selection of finishing materials, their colors, textures, layout
- Selection of furniture and decor elements, their location in the room
- Development of light design (central and local lighting, the location of light sources, their appearance, nature and intensity of the light)
Engineering Projects for a Townhouse
Given the peculiarities of the delivery of new townhouses by Developers, the need for design work on the development before beginning the repair work on the townhouse project is usually mandatory.
For implementation of design solutions, technical support is required. Engineering projects for new townhouses include plans for connection to centralized systems (electricity, gas, hot and cold water pipes) and the development of internal communication schemes.
- The heating system is designed taking into account the total area and volume of the townhouse (these characteristics affect the choice of the boiler in terms of power and productivity) as well as the similar parameters of ecach room (for calculating the number, characteristics and installation locations of each heater or heat vent)
- The development of the power supply system begins with the calculation of the total load. It determines the choice of protection systems and affects the choice of cables (more accurate selection is made taking into account the operating conditions, for example in some cases a moisture-proof version is necessary). Taking into account the individual characteristics of energy-consuming equipment, cable cross-sections, grounding, connection diagrams are selected. (objects with very high power usage are recommended to be connected to the distributors with a separate cable, and not included in the general lcircuit). The power supply scheme in the townhouse takes into account the type and location of lighting fixturesm the installation location of household appliances and the convenience of using sockets and switches. Often the power supply system also includes wiring around the site for lighting and connecting garden equipment.
- The water supply system is selected taking into account individual conditions (connection to centralized communications or individual solutions using a well, the availability of centralized communications of hot water and hot water supply or the need to install water heating equipment). The water supply system also includes water treatment equipment, which is selected based on the composition of the water and the requirements of the water-consuming units used in the house (washing machines, dishwashers etc.) and plumbing fixtures (massage showers, jacuzzi, hot tubs etc.)
- The scheme of the ventilation system is determined by the parameters of the room, as well as the features of the equipment used (ventilation taps for gas equipment - heating boilers, columns, flow and storage water heaters are mandatory)
Finishing Work in a Townhouse
All finishing work whether in a new or old townhouse is carried out after a detailed coordination of the project with the Customer. Here is an example of the "draft" work for the finishes:
- alignment of surfaces (walls, floors, ceilings)
- Heat and Sound insulation if necessary
- The device of heated floors
- Installation of utilities (electrical, plumbing, ventilation, heating, etc)
- Installation of window and door blocks, glazing of balconies, terraces etc)
If you have any questions regarding your townhouse renovation, townhouse improvement or condo renovation in Vancouver please do not hesitate to contact us directly at (778) 513-0333