When it comes to a small bathroom, modern and functional design is a difficult but not impossible goal. It is difficult to put in one room with a truly modest surface all that is needed for the comfortable life of the modern man, creating a beautiful and comfortable interior. However, there are simple techniques that will help you to make your bathroom not only comfortable but also a modern and cozy part of your home.
Designing a Small Bathroom - Increasing Space
There are several common rules for optimizing small spaces. With respect to some of them, even the smallest room will look much more spacious and bright. Do not ignore these rules when creating the interior of a small bathroom at home.
- Use bright finishing colors. When designing a small bathroom, use very light and very dark colors only as an accent.
- Use mirrors - they are able to visually enlarge the area of your small bathroom by a whole twice. It is best to place the mirrors on two walls that converge at right angles.
- Use glossy surfaces - they create a game of reflections and add light and different contrasts to the interior. For example, the creation of a shiny ceiling has become very fashionable lately.
- Provide good lighting - The brighter the room lighting, the more spacious it looks. In the small bathroom, ceiling lights installed in / out of the ceiling are insufficient and additional light sources need to be considered.
- Partition walls and pieces of furniture made of glass will make the space easier and more comfortable.
- The furniture should be small and necessarily multifunctional so as not to "eat" out of the small space.
- Think of adding a standing shower instead of the standard bathtub in many homes.
Important: Remember that corners can be used effectively. A corner shower cabin or sink takes up much less space than conventional shower units!
Choosing the Right Tiles
COLOR According to the basic rules for finishing small areas, tile colors should have light tones. Remember that cold colors like blue and turquoise visually lengthen the walls of the room and help it look bigger. Warm colors do the opposite - make the bathrooms look narrower.
SIZE Maybe contrary to your expectations, small tiles work best in small rooms. Some of the walls can also be covered with a mosaic, which also plays a positive role in the visual expansion of the space.
STRUCTURE When you create the design for the small bathroom, you will have to escape from the large images and popular 3D prints in recent years. Adhere to the rule, "the simpler, the better."
The use of wood surfaces or wood-like tiles would enhance the design of the room. The very shiny tiles give an extra sense of volume and look aesthetically pleasing in small rooms, but also require more sophisticated care.
INSTALLATION When designing a small bathroom, avoid splitting the walls horizontally. It is better to use friezes and other dividing lines vertically by dividing individual areas. Bet on simple lines as the opposite will negatively affect the sense of space.
MINIMALISM - The style that might be most appropriate when it comes to designing a small bathroom. Its basic principles are the bright colors in the design, the use of only the most necessary furniture and a minimum of decorative elements.
Bathroom accessories such as soap dispensers, toilet paper holders and toothbrushes, liquid soap bottles and the like should not be present at all costs. As the name of the style suggests - bet on a minimum amount of items. For decoration you can use live plants, paintings or small mussels.
Shower Cabin Instead of Bathtub
The main advantages of using shower cabin over the bathtub in small bathrooms room are:
Significant space savings;
A drastic reduction in the use of water resources and household bills, since the consumption of water for washing in the shower is significantly lower than in the bath.
The shower can be equipped with a hydro massage device, which increases the comfort of use and has a positive effect on health;
The design of the bathroom becomes more modern and stylish.