What do I need to know before I start?
To start an interior design project, you need to be aware of two main components - time and money! You need to know how much money you are willing to spend to complete the project and how long the whole project will take from day one to the completion! The next phase is to choose the design studio to carry out your dream project - go through their portfolio, visit sites, ask for a detailed description of their processes and find out how they work. Meet and judge first-hand which architect / designer will best suit your character. This step is very important, because you will work together for at least six months.
* Tip - don't choose a design studio based solely on their price. The project fee is a very small percentage of the total amount you will invest in the whole venture! The low project amount is a potential prerequisite for additional commissioning and hidden prices during the execution.
What Does an Interior Design Project Involve?
1. Preliminary budget analysis and priority items for the client
2. Functional zoning distribution options.
3. Conceptual design representing 3D visualization of the premises with selected exact / specific products, colors, materials and furniture.
4. Technical design - absolutely all documentation in the form of drawings, which serves for the implementation of the project - from the drawing for the new plumbing sockets, lighting and contacts to the drawers of the kitchen and the handles of the closets. The total volume can reach up to 100 drawings.
5. Quantitative accounts and tables of all materials and products included in the project - stone, sanitary elements, paneling, lamps, etc.
6. Implementation budget with all items included in the project.
7. Supervision or Project management from start to finish.
What is the Deadline of a Project?
The implementation of the various stages has the following approximate deadlines:
• Preliminary design - one month
• Technical design - 20 days to a month
• Quantity bills and budgets - two weeks
• Realization - repair, demolition processes, gluing of tiles, painting, laying of flooring, lighting, installation and delivery of furniture - from 5 to 9 months according to the size of the site
What is the Difference Between Supervision and Project Management?
Project Supervision involves checking the quality of trades performance. Designers are not committed to deadlines, deliveries, payments and any other responsibilities other than giving feedback on the quality of the contractors.
Project Management is taking responsibility for the implementation that the project will happen according to the set budget at the appointed time in the highest quality possible! It includes:
• A timetable for implementation
• Organization of processes and subcontractors.
• Keeping and monitoring the implementation of the budget.
• Acceptance of deliveries
• Corrections and decision-making on issues and issues on the spot.
• Finalizing the project.
How Do we Reach a Price for an Interior Project?
The price for a project is formed according to the size of the site. We split the price ranges as follows:
• up to 1000 sq.ft.
• from 1000 to 2000 sq.ft.
• from 2000 to 3000 sq.ft.
• from 4000 to 6000 sq.ft.
Management cost is % of the total value of inputs and products in the project.
What Budget Should I Have in Order to Realize the Interior Design Project?
We always strive to work with precisely fixed budgets in advance so that the project does not need to be rescheduled or postponed afterwards, which would cause a number of problems and delays over time.
In the term "budget" we insert all that goes in the interior of your home or office, namely:
• Sanitary, granite
• HVAC installations - air conditioners, water heaters, heat pumps - in your case one is installed.
• Parquet flooring and carpets - and in general any other flooring options.
• Lighting - moons, lamps, hidden decorative LED, static and removable.
• Switches and sockets.
• Doors - hidden, sliding, glass.
• Cabinet furniture - kitchens, wardrobes, beds, paneling, decorative panels.
• Upholstered furniture - tables, chairs, bedside tables, mattresses.
• Other details - Mirrors, screens, accessories.
• Repair - construction works - work with materials. Our experience over time and the amount of realized projects shows that the total investment in the upper high-end renovations can go between 150-200 CAD per sq ft for everything mentioned above . Here we do not comment on the additional extras that each individual client would like - sound system, automation, television equipment, etc., which are a matter of personal choice.
Can I Work With my Trades / Suppliers / Furniture Makers?
If we take over the Project Management of your site, we cannot commit ourselves to working with unfamiliar people as we cannot guarantee the quality of their work. If you want to work 100% with your trades, we can engage with Supervision.
Do You Work Outside of Vancouver?
We are pleased to work in other municipalities besides Vancouver. We work in Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Surrey and Langley.
Can You Only Design the Kitchen and Bedroom?
We do not work in pieces and we believe that the value of a project is in its entirety. Interior design only of the living room, bathroom design or bedroom furniture would be a patch that neither we nor the client would be happy with the end result!
Why Should I Hire Multigroup ?
1. Achieving the perfect end result for each of our clients is a top priority in Multigroup !
2. Multigroup will design a personal space of character only and for you!
3. Multigroup will deliver everything from start to finish through a smooth process that is built on our years of experience and know-how.
4. Multigroup will deliver the highest quality to its customers at the best possible price!
5. Multigroup will guarantee every completed detail with a 2 year warranty!
Bonus question - How do I get started?
Send us a drawing, sketch or photos of your property, describe its size, tell us about yourself and show us what you like. Look at your calendar, make an appointment at our office or by calling us at (778) 513-0333, and we will come by to discuss your project with you!